There are only a few more sleeps to go before our first big community event of the Year – the Edithvale Primary Twilight Market.
The School Council Fundraising team have been feverishly putting the finishing touches to this community event and have done a power of work behind the scenes to get 30 plus stall holders, entertainment and 10 plus food/coffee trucks organised 😊
The market will be held between 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm on Friday April 1.
There will be heaps of fun activities, food trucks and stalls for everyone to enjoy and we are excited to welcome our extended Edithvale Community to school and reconnect with each other.
With the timing of the market, there will be a few disruptions to our normal schedules and routines that I am hopeful of detailing here.
- Friday is a free dress day and students will NOT need to wear school uniform
- The Bike Shed will be locked during the day and unlocked again at 3:30 pm. The gates will remain unlocked all weekend.
- The Canteen will be open for Lunch Orders ONLY. There will be NO window sales on Friday
- If students are bringing lunch from home, we ask that they please bring it in a disposable bag so that no lunch boxes or school bags will be needed on Friday – thus avoiding having to carry bags around at the Market.
- The Gallery area of the Year 3 and 4 building will be used for ‘Cake Stall’ set up and pricing.
- Stall holders will enter through Haig Ave from 1pm approx. and Food Trucks will come in through French Ave at roughly the same time. The stall holders will exit via the STAFF CAR PARK (safest exit route) which will mean the car park on this day will be unavailable to use
- For security, ALL doors will be locked when unoccupied.
- The Students’ toilet block will remain open for use until 6:30 pm when the cleaners arrive. We respectfully ask that children using these facilities are supervised
- There will be alternative arrangements made for recess and lunchtimes due to the setting up of market stalls. Recess will run from 10:40 -11:25 am and Lunch from 1:05 – 1:50 pm
- This means that we will run 3 x 100 minute learning blocks separated by 2 x 45 minute breaks. Recess will be on-site before the vendors start arriving. Lunch will be at Edithvale Reserve where students can have a run around while the oval and basketball courts back at school are out of action
- Students will be always under the supervision of their parents/carers during this Event to ensure the Market is a safe and enjoyable one for every member of our community.
Edithvale Primary School Staff and Council