Dear Parents and Carers
We are once again heading into uncertain times and we are awaiting updates and information from the DET. We are conscious of the timing of the messages we are sending and hope that they are received as they are intended- to keep our families as updated and as informed as possible.
The extension of the school holidays next week has no doubt thrown some family plans into disarray and there will be a few students (who meet the on-site attendance criteria) requiring some care and supervision at school over the extended holiday period. These students fall into one of 4 categories
- Children in out of Home Care who cannot be supervised at home
- Children deemed by Child Protection and/or Family Services to be at risk of harm
- Children identified by the school as vulnerable (including via referral from a family violence agency, homelessness or youth justice service or mental health or other health service and children with a disability) who are not able to be supervised at home, and for whom no other arrangements can be made
- Children whose parents are required to work or study away from the home and for whom no other arrangements can be made
To help us allocate an appropriate number of Education support and teaching staff and to ensure the care and supervision of students on-site can be maintained we ask that you complete the following survey link https://forms.gle/pWdBcCqBFjkNCxWr6 as soon as practically possible, and before 5pm on Sunday July 12.
Any student attending school on any day next week is requested to:
- Bring their own water bottle for use at school as students should not drink directly from drinking fountains at this time. Taps can still be used to refill water bottles.
- Understand that Our Mobile Phone Policy remains in place
- Bring enough food for the day
- Bring along any reading materials or toys (not to be shared) to help them through the day
- Wear warm clothing
- Enter via French Avenue gates only and supervision on-site will run from 8:45am to 3:30pm
Temperature Checks to Be Introduced in Term 3
In a Media Release yesterday, Minister for Education James Merlino, announced that all schools in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will conduct daily temperature checks of students. This will commence for any student whose parents are unable to work or study from home and require onsite care and supervision.
Operational guidance on temperature checks will be delivered to schools shortly. The most current information we have is that if a student has a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or above, schools will be required to contact parents or carers to arrange for students to return home. Families will then be encouraged to seek testing for coronavirus or the advice of their healthcare professional who can advise on next steps.
A copy of the Minister’s press released is attached
The most important action our school community can take to reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19), is to ensure that anyone feeling unwell (staff, children and young people) remain at home.
If you feel unwell with any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild, please stay home and get tested. If you have any fever, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste – stay home, don’t go in to work and don’t visit friends and family. Get tested and stay at home until you get the result.
Take care and stay safe
Take care and stay safe
COVID-19 Return to School Policy (534 KB) – 19-May-2020
Important Information for a Return to School (680 KB) – 19-May-2020
Return to School Information (168 KB) – 12-May-2020
Acceptable Use Agreement – ICT (372 KB) – 10-Apr-2020
DET Secretary Open Letter to Parents (851 KB) – 15-Apr-2020
Digital Technologies Policy (484 KB) – 14-Apr-2020
Edithvale Remote Learning – for parents (263 KB) – 13-Apr-2020
Information about EPS Home Learning with SEESAW (121 KB) – 25-Mar-2020
Information Collection Notice (247 KB) – 10-Apr-2020
Learning from Home: Information for parents and carers (208 KB) – 10-Apr-2020
Loan of Assets Agreement (444 KB) – 10-Apr-2020
On site attendance form (629 KB) – 10-Apr-2020
Online Learning Handbook Student Edition (218 KB)
Physical Distancing Guidance for Schools (142 KB)
WebEx Instructions for Families (509 KB) – 01-May-2020
WebEx Meeting Update (359 KB) – 06-May-2020
Resources for all year levels