Let’s add a “French Touch” to Edithvale at EPS!
French Cultural Day at Edithvale Primary School will be held on Wednesday 14 July 2021
Bastille Day commenced on the 14 July 1789 (it is not often we can celebrate on this day, as it usually falls in the school holidays). This is an opportunity for all our students to celebrate and demonstrate our appreciation of the French language.
Some of our highlights for the day will include
- Best dressed competition throughout the whole school and the theme is la fete de la musique / celebration of music. Students / staff can come as a musician, rock star, singer etc. or with a touch of French (bleu / blue, blanc / white, rouge / red). A panel will be selected to judge the most original outfit per class. As a reward, the winners will receive a free crepe.
- Assembly / Parade featuring French National Anthem performed by Gareth from Musicorp, Highlights from our performance for our French poetry competition students and the staff and student parade.
- French crepe’s will be available from Crêpe-Oohlicious. All crepe orders should be made using QKR. Order will close on Friday 26 June. See below for menu and pricing
- An amazing performance from Noria, a famous French singer and her 2 musicians.
- Boules / Petanque competition (weather permitting)
We hope that everyone at Edithvale Primary School will embrace the spirit of the “French-je-ne-saisquoi!” If for any reason the day cannot go ahead, we will postpone the event and let you know the new date.
Please encourage your child to dress up to make this French Day even more special and memorable!
Crepe Menu – $6
- LEMON & SUGAR (CITRON ET SUCRE)
- CHOCOLATE (NUT FREE) (CHOCOLAT)
- MAPLE SYRUP (SIROP D’ERABLE)
- STRAWBERRY JAM (CONFITURE A LA FRAISE)
- HONEY (MIEL)
*ALL Crêpes contain the following allergens: Dairy & Gluten