Foundation to Year 2: A Bag of Marbles
Suppose that in a bag of marbles, all the ones that –
- are rough to feel, have a blue colour on them;
- sparkle when rolling, have a red colour on them;
- are cold to touch, have a white colour on them;
- are dark inside, have a green colour on them.
Imagine you are making marbles. What colours must be put on marbles that –
- sparkle when rolling but are dark inside?
- are cold to touch and feel rough?
- are cold, but sparkle when rolling?
What colour(s) could be on a marble that –
- is cold?
- sparkles when rolling?
What colours would you find on a cold, sparkly, dark and rough marble?
A. rough to feel and sparkley when rolling
B. rough to feel and dark inside
C. dark inside and sparkle when rolling
D dark inside and cold
E. cold, dark and rough
F. cold, sparkle when rolling, rough
G. rough, sparkle when rolling, dark inside
H. cold, rough
I. sparkle when rolling
J. sparkle when rolling, cold, dark inside.
On marbles that
sparkle when rolling but are dark inside – red and green
are cold to touch and feel rough – white and blue
are cold, but sparkle when rolling – white, red.
What colour(s) could be on a marble that
is cold – white
sparkles when rolling – red
The colour you would find on a cold, sparkly, dark and rough marble –
blue, green, red and white.