Edithvale Primary School was established in 1913 and is situated in an environmentally sensitive area between the beach and the wetlands, 28 km south of Melbourne. Our current enrolment is 410 students and there are 19 class groups.
About Edithvale Primary School
The school was established in 1913 in an environmentally sensitive area between Port Phillip Bay beaches and the Edithvale Wetlands of the Karrum Karrum Swamp. We held our Centenary Celebrations, in May 2013.
Did you know?
One of the many birds that populate the Edithvale Wetlands is the Latham’s Snipe. This bird travels from Japan to Southern Victoria. This is a trip of 7,000 kilometres! They fly for hours and hours at a time.
Greenville identifies and develops the intellectual and creative talents of a diverse group of students. Within supportive and caring college preparatory environment, students are encouraged to achieve their finest in academics, athletics and the arts.
Our ultimate goal is to teach students to live humanely within the community in order to prepare them to meet the demands and responsibilities of the future in the broader world.
Doing the Right Thing
- Learning and respecting others’ rights to learn and feel safe
- Behaving and working ethically and treating others as you like to be treated
- Being supportive, respectful, trustworthy, honest, fair and friendly
- Thinking critically, showing good judgement, participating in decision-making and listening to others.
- Always trying to do your best
- Sportsmanship, encouragement, sharing, cooperation and teamwork
- Leading and participating in group activities and school programs
- Communicating and interacting with individuals, technologies, different cultural groups and with a global audience
- Recognising and encouraging excellence
- Challenging and achieving potential
- Fostering imagination, humour, creativity, design, risk-taking, questioning ideas and planning for the future
- Continually improving through learning, reflecting and adapting to different situations
- Having high expectations of ourselves and others
Our educational priority is to promote high quality teaching and learning practices in a safe and stimulating learning environment. We work collaboratively with all community members to ensure that we reach our goals as set in the strategic plan.