There are only a few more sleeps to go before our first big community event of the Year – the Edithvale Primary Twilight Market
The market will be held between 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm next Friday April 1.
There will be heaps of fun activities, food trucks and stalls for everyone to enjoy and we are excited to welcome our extended Edithvale Community to school and reconnect with each other.
To help this EVENT to run smoothly we’d love an extra pair of hands to help us out at a few of the stalls that our school will be running to help raise funds. If you are able to assist on one of our stalls- lucky jars, BBQ, Choc o Block, or even help with the initial set up during the day, we invite you to head to the sign up sheet that can be found through this link
There will be a few operational changes on the day to accommodate the disruption to the school settings. These include
- Students will be asked to wear free dress on the day. In this way there will be no need to change out of school uniform to attend the market
- We will run a different timetable with recess from 10:40 – 11:15 am onsite and lunch from 1:05 – 1:50 pm offsite at the Edithvale Recreational Reserve. This will enable stall holders to access the school grounds safely and our students can enjoy a run around (and burn off some energy) prior to the market
- Parking on the day will be very restricted and the staff car park will not be in use to allow the vendors to exit the school grounds with minimal disruption
- Store holders will start to set up from 1:00 pm
- The Canteen will be available for lunch orders ONLY – there will be NO window sales on the day
- There will be NO assembly on April 1
A summary of the stalls and food vendors can be found on our website using the link below
In the coming days, please keep an eye out for further updates.
Mindfulness– Our ability to stay calm and be present at any given moment. We can practice this by slowing down and concentrating on ONE thing at a time. The team at the Resilience Project have put together a few activities that encourage kids and teenagers to practice being mindful and they can be found at the links below.
Emergency Management Practice Drill
In the next week or two we will complete our second Emergency Drill for the year. It will be an On-site EVACUATION This practice drill is undertaken annually to ensure that our processes for helping keep our students safe are solid and that our students know what to do in each Emergency Situation. Staff will talk through the steps that students will need to take to successfully participate safely.
We will be receiving an extra 17 air purifiers to supplement natural and mechanical ventilation during the cooler months, when windows and doors may be closed to maintain a comfortable learning environment.
The air purifiers are designed to use in higher-risk spaces and thisfurther top-up allocation ensures all classrooms and other higher risk spaces are covered.
Some Conversation starters
This year our son Sam started his primary school learning journey and despite being excited (sometimes over excited 😊) at school, it can often be hard to get much information form him about his days spent at school. We’ve started to ask him some of these questions to encourage a bit more dialogue at home as we try to steer away from “how was school today?” which is invariable greeted with a grunt – or “what did you do at school today?” – which usually gets an “I don’t know” response. You may want to trial these too?
- What was the best thing that happened at school today?
- Tell me something that made you laugh today.
- If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class? Why?
- Where is the coolest place at the school? Why?
- If I called your teacher tonight, what would s/he tell me about you?
- How did you help somebody today?
- How did somebody help you today?
- Tell me one thing that you learned today.
- When were you the happiest today?
Last day of Term
Friday April 8 is the final day of Term 1. We will have a brief assembly at 2:00pm followed by an earlier than usual dismissal at 2:30 pm.
TeamKids will be running their After school care program from 2:30 pm. For all families who need to access this service please reach out to the team Contact TeamKids – Leaders in OHSC and School Holiday Programs
Good afternoon one and all