About Edithvale Primary School
The school was established in 1913 in an environmentally sensitive area between Port Phillip Bay beaches and the Edithvale Wetlands of the Karrum Karrum Swamp. We held our Centenary Celebrations, in May 2013.
Did you know?
One of the many birds that populate the Edithvale Wetlands is the Latham’s Snipe. This bird travels from Japan to Southern Victoria. This is a trip of 7,000 kilometres! They fly for hours and hours at a time.
Our vision is to foster a love of learning in our school community.
We will work together to know our students and understand their learning needs. Our aim is to ensure that learning is fun, active and meaningful in an environment where individuality, creativity and curiosity are valued.
We endeavour to prepare our students for tomorrow’s world, developing their skills and knowledge, enabling them to live and work in a global community as effective, responsible and caring citizens.
In order to achieve success in realising our purpose we have established a core set of values. At Edithvale Primary School the community is committed to working together to ensure a learning environment where the following qualities are valued and developed:
Doing the Right Thing
- Learning and respecting others’ rights to learn and feel safe
- Behaving and working ethically and treating others as you like to be treated
- Being supportive, respectful, trustworthy, honest, fair and friendly
- Thinking critically, showing good judgement, participating in decision-making and listening to others.
- Always trying to do your best
- Sportsmanship, encouragement, sharing, cooperation and teamwork
- Leading and participating in group activities and school programs
- Communicating and interacting with individuals, technologies, different cultural groups and with a global audience
- Being sensitive to our location and proactive in protecting our environment
- Recognising and encouraging excellence
- Challenging and achieving potential
- Fostering imagination, humour, creativity, design, risk-taking, questioning ideas and planning for the future
- Continually improving through learning, reflecting and adapting to different situations
- Having high expectations of ourselves and others
Our educational priority is to promote high quality teaching and learning practices in a safe and stimulating learning environment. We work collaboratively with all community members to ensure that we reach our goals as set in the strategic plan.