About Edithvale Primary School
The school was established in 1913 in an environmentally sensitive area between Port Phillip Bay beaches and the Edithvale Wetlands of the Karrum Karrum Swamp. We held our Centenary Celebrations, in May 2013.
Did you know?
One of the many birds that populate the Edithvale Wetlands is the Latham’s Snipe. This bird travels from Japan to Southern Victoria. This is a trip of 7,000 kilometres! They fly for hours and hours at a time.
Our vision is to foster a love of learning in our school community.
We will work together to know our students and understand their learning needs. Our aim is to ensure that learning is fun, active and meaningful in an environment where individuality, creativity and curiosity are valued.
We endeavour to prepare our students for tomorrow’s world, developing their skills and knowledge, enabling them to live and work in a global community as effective, responsible and caring citizens.
In order to achieve success in realising our purpose we have established a core set of values.
We are Edithvale Primary and we are Respectful, Kind and Determined.
We believe these to be the cornerstones of a strong culture of learning and development.
Respect includes –
- displaying good manners to all members of our community
- caring for ourselves and others
- caring for our shared environment
- displaying understanding for the diversity in our community/world.
Kindness includes –
- having thoughtful and positive interactions with all students, staff and community members
- demonstrating empathy toward others
- appreciating and understanding diversity
Determination includes –
- working hard each day and to the best of your ability
- displaying personal and academic grit to do your best, always.
- displaying a growth mindset: positive actions, behaviours, words and choices
Our educational priority is to promote high quality teaching and learning practices in a safe and stimulating learning environment. We work collaboratively with all community members to ensure that we reach our goals as set in the strategic plan.